Ulcers and Bed Sores Prevented with a Organic Mattress
For The Prevention or Healing of Decubitus Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Pressure Sores, Bed Sores, Dermal Ulcers, Pressure Wounds
Anyone who must stay in a bed, chair or wheelchair because of illness or injury, or who cannot change position without help is at high risk for bed sores and ulcers.
When a person cannot change position, pressure closes tiny blood vessels that nourish the skin and supply oxygen. When the skin lacks nutrients and oxygen for too long, the tissue dies and a bedsore forms. Seniors are particularly vulnerable because their skin usually becomes thinner and more fragile with age.
Bedsores can develop in a matter of hours during hospitalization, in a nursing home or in a community setting. These pressure ulcers are extremely difficult to heal. The resulting wound can be painful, destroy tissue, fat, muscle and even lead to death.
Mattress Toppers are 6-8 inches thick to completely suspend body off the surface of the mattress. Sized for use on hospital beds or twin beds in the home.
Most pressure ulcers can be prevented
Our premier product, the Soothe Ewe™ Mattress Topper is made of 100% natural wool and offers all-natural ulcer and bed sore treatment. It raises the patient high enough off the sleep surface to allow air to circulate through the mattress topper preventing pain inducing pressure points. It eliminates this major cause of external ulcers and bed sores (or aids in the healing of existing bed sores) by gently cradling the body, forming a natural weight support system.
The benefits of an organic wool mattress:
- Regulates your body temperature naturally, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Repels dust mites, mold and mildew.
- Is appropriate in all climates.
- Wool dries from within. As a result of wool's special porous fibers, moisture evaporates quickly.
- Eliminates tossing and turning during the night.
- Durable—lasts for generations of use.
- Wool helps relieve your pain and provides a deep, restful night's sleep.